Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

I am learning to identify homographs

I am learning to identify homographs
I am learning to use homographs in a sentence to show the different meanings


For each word below, think of two meanings for it and write 2 sentences that shows the different meanings of the word. The first two has been done for you.


If you don’t know any other meanings for the word, Google it.


Back
I turned back and walked back where I came from.
Back
My back is under my neck and above my legs.
Change
After swimming I had to change out of my wet togs.
Change
The shopkeeper gave me my change which was $2.
Light
I look up and i saw sunlight.
Light
Heavy and light.
Wind
The wind blowed thought my hair.
Wind
I wind and cried because they forgot me.
Sink
I when to the sink to wash my hands.
Sink
I fell in quick sand and i'm sinking in quick.
Sign
Ohh look at the sign over there i’m going to see what it says.
Sign
The old man gave me a sign.
Bass
I was listening to music then i heard the bass.
Bass
I when to the beach to go fish he got one.
Down
I ran to the park crying because i was down.
Down
I look up then i look down.
Rock
I saw i big rock so i picked it up.
Rock
I saw on t.v the my fav band was rocking out loud.
Lead
To made something out of lead.
Lead
I lead my dog to the dog park.
Bat
I hit the ball with the bat.
Bat
I when into a cave then a so a bat.
Can
I open a can so bean.
Can
I wanted to go to the park but i couldn't or can i
Row
I made a row of lollipop
Row
I rowed down the hill.
Bank
I went to the Bank to get some money.
Bank
I climbed up the band hill and fell down.
Fine
I feel so fine.
Fine
Fine it over.

Use google to help you find 5 more homographs. Put them below and write sentences for them to show the different meanings.

Letter
I put my letter in the mail bin.
Letter
I was learning my letter.
Set
I have set of food.
Set
I set my  phone to sleep mode.
Order
I order all my stuff.
Order
I order a drink and a burger.
Being
I like being a human.
Being
I saw a did human being.
Cool
I feel so cool.
Cool
The cold wind made me cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment