Pages

Monday 17 June 2019

Writing

Writing
WALT: Write a story

The cold air breeze brushed through my hair leaving shivers down my spine, kua timata te pakanga… The war has begun.

These days all I could hear where screams and the bloody cries of war! e kore e mutu te whawhai, The war will never end. The men went out to sea, they were going to Egypt but I can’t just stay here and watch people hurt each other! “Ka haere ahau ki te moana me ratou! I will go to sea with them! Whatever it takes! I sneaked onto the boat and went to the storage area where they kept all there stuff for example, Clothes, Weapons, Food and others things. I looked around looking for some fruit but then I stumbled upon a book, well diary. It was by a man named arohahia, I didn’t know who that man was or what he looked like, all I know is that he is one of the 500 men on the ship.

I started to read the “Diary” From this mystery man. “So far it doesn’t seem like the war will ever end, they have guns as we have spears, so much of our kind is dying from the likes of them. E kore e mutu It will never end. I miss my wife and children, I promised them that I will come back but… I doubt it” Then I worried, what do people in war write in their diaries, “They would write about their loved ones and about how the war was going. They would also write about missing there family and other things”

No comments:

Post a Comment