Pages

Thursday 1 August 2019

Technology

Technology
WALT:Make things out of wood

For Technology I have chosen to make a Piano for myself. I think this is the best choice because you can keep your money and valuables inside. The piano will be used to hide money, passport, Jewelry and more, this will go in my room on the drawers. For this project I will have to consider how the income is gonna turn out and how safe it is to put my stuff in there. 

While making the Piano i Used the Steel ruler to make a full size drawing of my Piano so I know what it's going to turn out like. After that I used a Tri square to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the wood, and once i've done that I maked a square line (At 90) across and using a pencil to mark it off.  After that I cut off the first piece of wood using a Backed saw and then I marked out the where the joint was gonna be once again using the steel ruler and the trip - Square. And once I drew the joint on the wood I ask the teacher to put a Gauge where the joint was and then cut it with a Back Saw and then I used a Chisel to make the joint. Once i've done that I made cute the 70 piece woods and then added the bottom bit by using the glue, rubber bands and a Backed Saw. After that I got the teacher help and he made the back part of the Piano and the front of it! 


1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is Brooklyn and I really like your idea. It's cool to see that you are creative and open-minded. next time maybe try to make the picture clear I had a hard time trying to see your design.

    ReplyDelete